Effective Date: 01/01/21
Welcome to the visit.org website (the“Site”), which is operated by Visit.org, Inc. (hereinafter“visit.org,”“we” or“us”).
Notice to EU Users. Our business operations are based in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the EU to the United States. By providing your Personal Data to us, you consent to its storage and use as described herein.
- Who Collects Your Information On Our Site?
We do. Under the GDPR, we are known as the “Controller” of the Personal Data that you provide to us. We collect information from you on the Site.
- What Information Do We Collect?
- Requested Information. On various pages on the Site, we may request specific PII about you in order to register you for an account to use our Services, add you to our email list, facilitate your payments for Services, or fulfill your requests for information. You may choose not to provide your PII, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features of our Site and Services. We only collect basic personal data about you that does not include any special types of information (e.g., health-related) as defined in the GDPR. The types of personal information we collect and save may include:
- Contact and account registration information such as name, address, email address, business name, and business department;
- Financial information such as credit card name and date of expiration;
- Information you provide such as feedback, comments or other messages;
- Technical information collected in our logs (to include standard web log entries such as your IP address, page URLs and timestamp);
- Information We Collect From Providers. When registering for the Service, we may ask you to provide us with personal information when you create the Provider’s account. This registration process will require the Provider to provide us at least the following information:
- Organization entity name, country, phone number and type;
- Your email address;
- The Organization’s website;
- Your role in the Organization;
- Aggregate Information. We may also collect anonymous, non-identifying and aggregate information such as the type of browser you are using, device type, the operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. If you transfer additional information to us, for example when you post Provider information or submit information as a Provider User, or when you post comments on the Site, we may evaluate such information anonymously and in the aggregate for statistical purposes, even without prior registration.
- Location Information. If the Services you request require location-based information, the Site or Services may need to use GPS or other location-based services to identify your physical location.
- Why Is My Information Being Collected?
We need to collect your personal information so that we can respond to your requests for information and demonstrations or to be added to our emailing lists, and to process your requests for access to and payment for our Services. We also collect aggregate information to help us better design the Site and our Services. We collect log information for monitoring purposes to help us to diagnose problems with our servers, administer the Site, calculate usage levels, and otherwise provide services to you.
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- We use the personal information you provide for the purposes for which you have submitted it, including:
- Responding To Your Inquiries and Fulfilling Your Requests. We may use your PII to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests for information.
- Creating and Maintaining Your User Account. We use your PII to create and maintain an account for you to allow you to purchase and use the Services we make available on the Site.
- Subscribing To and Paying For Our Services. We use your PII to add your subscriptions to our Services, and process your payment for these Services.
- Communicating With You About Our Services. We may use your PII to send you information about new Services and other items that may be of interest to you.
- By registering an account, you provide consent for us to send you messages and documents through electronic means. By registering an account with us, you also permit us to send you our regular newsletters and updates about specials and other announcements. You can unsubscribe from receiving such messages through an included link at any time.
- We may create anonymous data from your PII and collect other anonymous data. We may use anonymous data to improve the design and content of our Site and Services, and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze how our Site and Services are used, analyze industry trends, as well as to offer you programs or services.
- Do We Share Your Personal Information?
- In general, we will not share your personal information except: (a) for the purposes for which you provided it; (b) with your consent; (c) as may be required by law (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena, or in response to a law enforcement agency request); (d) as we think necessary to protect our organization or others from damage or injury (e.g., when we believe that someone is causing, or is about to cause, injury to or interference with the rights or property of another); or (e) on a confidential basis with persons or organizations with whom we contract to carry out internal site operations or as necessary to render the Services. With your knowledge and consent, we may share your personal information with our business partners. We may also share aggregate information with others, including affiliated and non-affiliated organizations. Finally, we may transfer your personal information to our successor-in-interest in the event of an acquisition, sale, merger or bankruptcy.
- When you submit an inquiry to a Provider through the Site or Services, we may share your personal information with the relevant Provider with your consent, who may be located abroad including in countries without an adequate level of data protection. We do not control and cannot guarantee the privacy and security of any personal information you submit to a Provider. Visit.org and the Providers listed on the Site may also be obliged to share certain information with government authorities.
- When you book an activity with a Provider, you also consent that the relevant Provider may send you related information. When you pay for booked activities using a credit card, we will share your payment information with a third-party payment solution provider that we select in our sole discretion, currently Braintree (https://www.braintreepayments.com). We do not store credit card information.
- Are There Other Ways My Personal Data Could Be Shared?
- You may also choose to sign up for the Services by using social media login information, including Facebook, and other social media options such as Google and Twitter, as may be added to the Services in the future. If you choose to log-in to our Site or Services using your social media account credentials, you must accept the terms of service and privacy policies of these third party services.
- You may elect to share certain personal information with individuals or with the public via your use of the Site. In this case, you will control such sharing via settings that we provide. For example, the Site may make it possible for you to publicly share information via social media such as Facebook or Twitter. Be aware that when you choose to share information with friends, public officials, or with the public at large, you may be disclosing sensitive information, or information from which sensitive information can be inferred. Always use caution when sharing information through the Site. You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any consequences of your sharing of information through and beyond the Site.
- We also transmit certain data to Google, Inc. (“Google”), as described in Sections 10 and 11.
- When you permit us to send you newsletters and updates (see section 3), we share your name and email information with our external e-mail marketing service provider.
- How Can You Access and Control Your Information?
After registering for an account on the Site, you may log-in to the account and edit your personal information in your profile. For instructions on how you can further access your personal information that we have collected, or how to correct errors in such information, please send an e- mail to[email protected]. We will also promptly stop using your information and remove it from our servers and database at any time upon your e-mail request. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections or removing your information.
- How Do We Store and Protect Your Information?
- After receiving your personal information, we will store it on our Site systems for future use. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect. Unfortunately, no data transmission or data storage solution can ever be completely secure. As a result, although we take industry-standard steps to protect your information (e.g., strong SSL encryption and firewalls), we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or receive from us or that we store on our or our service providers' systems. We reserve the right to change our cloud storage vendors at any time. Also, even where the sender and the recipient are in the same country, you should understand that data may be routed through third countries including countries that do not have an adequate level of protection. Please use other means of communication where you consider this appropriate for security concerns.
- We store personal information for as long as reasonably required for its purpose. Account information is deleted when you or when we delete your account, although we cannot provide an absolute guarantee that your account information will be completely deleted by third parties or from servers or cloud service providers not controlled by us. We may store information longer for legitimate business reasons (for example, personal information may remain in backups for a reasonable period of time), or as legally required. Otherwise, we store your personal information until you request us to remove it from our servers. We store our logs and other technical records indefinitely.
- If you are visiting the Site from outside of the USA, you understand that your connection will be through and to servers located in the USA, and the information you provide will be securely stored in our web servers and internal systems located within the USA.
- To enhance your online experience with us, our web pages may presently or in the future use “cookies.” Cookies are text files that our web server may place on your hard disk to store your preferences. We may use session, persistent, first-party and third-party cookies. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other PII unless you choose to provide this information to us. Once you choose to provide PII, however, this information may be linked to the data stored in a cookie. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, providing you with as much control as you wish as to the decision to accept/reject the cookie, and deletion of the cookie upon leaving our Site. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Site.
- We or our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” “embedded links” and other commonly-used information-gathering tools in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages. We use these tools for such purposes as compiling aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A pixel tag is an electronic image (often a single pixel), that is ordinarily not visible to website visitors, and may be associated with cookies on visitors’ hard drives. Pixel tags allow us and our service providers to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver customized services, and to help determine the effectiveness of our Site and Services. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, pixel tags can inform the sender of the email whether and when the email has been opened.
- As you use the Internet, you leave a trail of electronic information at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data”, can be collected and stored by a website's server. Clickstream data can reveal the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Site. We may use clickstream data as a form of non-PII to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Site, how visitors navigate through the Site, and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. We will only use this information to improve our Site.
- When you browse the Site, information may be stored on your device (locally) through the “DOM Storage” process. DOM storage is used for storing data in a web browser, similar to cookies, but with enhanced capacity. Locally stored information does not permit us to identify you, but the DOM storage does record information on how you browse the Site on your computer (the pages you have viewed, date and time of viewing, etc.) that we can read during your subsequent visits. You can delete that information manually. Please consult the user help section of your web browser.
- At this time, the Site and Services do not specifically respond to do-not-track signals.
- Google Analytics and Optimizely
- Google Maps API
We use Google Maps on the Website through an interface provided by Google (the “Google Maps API”) to provide you with additional information. Through the Google Maps API, certain location data can be transmitted to Google, but only in an anonymous form.
- Collection of Information by Others
- Children and Young People’s Information
We do not knowingly collect any information from any minors, and we comply with all applicable privacy laws including the GDPR, USA Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and associated Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) rules for collecting personal information from minors. Please see the FTC's website (www.ftc.gov) for more information. Our Site will not knowingly accept personal information from anyone under 13 years old in violation of applicable laws, without consent of a parent or guardian. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided PII to us, we will make efforts to delete the child’s information in accordance with the COPPA. If you have concerns about this Site or its Services, wish to find out if your child has accessed our Services, or wish to remove your child's personal information from our servers, please contact us at[email protected].
- California Privacy Rights
California law allows California residents to request information regarding our disclosures in the prior calendar year, if any, of their PII to third parties. To make such a request, please contact us at[email protected]. Please include enough detail for us to locate your file; at a minimum, your name and email, if any. We will attempt to provide you with the requested information within thirty (30) days of receipt. We reserve our right not to respond to requests sent more than once in a calendar year, or requests submitted to an address other than the one posted in this notice. Please note that this law does not cover all information sharing. Our disclosure only includes information covered by the law.
- Changes to this Policy
- Our Contact Information
Copyright © Visit.Org. All rights reserved. The Site is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. This includes the content, appearance, and design of the Site, as well as the trademarks, product names, graphics, logos, service names, slogans, colors, and designs.