Looking to enhance your team’s work culture and internal diversity? Curious about how to elevate the voices of people of color, women, and other marginalized people in the workplace? Bring your team together for some artistic self-expression in this virtual workshop that will lead you through creating a poem, monologue, song, or dance.
This 90-minute workshop, led by an award-winning theater artist, incorporates performance, discussion, and an interactive activity to highlight how amplifying and listening to diverse voices fosters empathy and helps create change in the workplace and beyond.
The agenda for this experience is as follows:
- While You Wait – 5 minutes
- Introduction, Representation, Empathy, Change – 5 minutes
- Live Performances Featuring Women Artists of Diverse Backgrounds – 20 minutes
- Performer Q&A – 10 minutes
- Break - 5 minutes
- Activity Introduction – 5 minutes
- Breakout Room Interviews: How are you feeling today? What's on your mind? – 5 minutes
- Breakout Room Writing: Create a Poem, Monologue, Song, or Dance – 10 minutes
- Sharing – 20 minutes
- Closing – 5 minutes
This workshop will yield a richer experience for smaller groups. Large groups can be accommodated but not all participants may be able to share following the interactive activity. The workshop is intended to include all art forms and does not require any preparation or artistic experience. Come prepared to listen, respond, and creatively share!