Throughout the global COVID-19 pandemic, first responders have been working on the front lines to keep our communities safe. Express your gratitude for their service by contributing to a nationwide letter-writing campaign that will lift spirits and warm hearts.
If you'd like to do this activity as a team, your group can hop on a video call and write letters together. A representative from the organization can also join in order to share more about their mission and how your heartfelt letters will make a difference in people's lives. You’re welcome to use colored pencils, markers, pens, thank you cards, branded stationery, lined paper, or plain white printing paper. It’s not about the stationery--it’s the messages that are written that mean so much!
What you need:
- Stationary (or a blank piece of paper) and an envelope
- Pen or pencil
- A postage stamp
- Craft supplies and decorations (optional)
How it works:
- Start each letter with a generic salutation
- Express your thanks for their selfless service
- Share a little about yourself (your family, hobbies, work, school, pets, interests, etc.)
- Can’t find the words? Consider a drawing or painting
- For letters from adults: Include your contact information so recipients can reply back (optional)
- For letters from children: Include first name only and your age. Do not include any addresses.
- Mail your letters to the organization:
Attn: First Responders COVID-19 Project
171 W 85th Street
New York, NY 10024