What you’ll do
Geek-for-a-Day is a field trip program in which companies host a 2-3 hour class trip at their facility. The purpose of the field trip is to expose underserved students to a science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) environment, so that they can see what the field is like. If your office has STEM-related exhibits or hands-on activities, that would increase the value of the experience.
While the field trip is customizable, in general, an ideal itinerary would:
1) Provide an overview of the organization, with insight into how the organization uses STEM as a key to success
2) Introduce individual employees who will share their personal stories in STEM and in the organization (could be done in a large group setting or as break-out groups with several employees each taking a handful of students)
3) Give the students a tour of your facility
4) Enable students to participate in hands-on interactive activities
5) Provide lunch for the students
How you’ll make an impact
Revenue is invested in providing free Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math educational programs to underserved students.
This nonprofit organization partners with underserved secondary schools to provide programming in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
What else you should know
- Best to book 4 weeks in advance