This nonprofit rescues abused and abandoned animals, including caged hens and injured pets. Many of their projects are efforts to rehome the rescued animals.
During the winter months, birds struggle more than usual to find food. This activity will teach volunteers to make a simple bird feeder that can be hung up anywhere outside or sent to the organization for their use.
The agenda for the activity will be as follows:
1. Introduction by the Nonprofit (20 minutes)
2. Activity Instructions and Bird Discussion (10 minutes)
3. Making Bird Feeders (20 minutes)
4. Promoting Volunteering Opportunities (10 minutes)
What you'll need:
- A plastic Bottle
- A marker
- A knife or a pair of scissors
- Wooden spoons, sticks, dowel rods, or pencils
- Bird seeds