Every year, more than 3.3 million seniors spend time in senior homes across the United States. It’s estimated that 60% of them will never receive visitors, and in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak, that number will near 100%. Through this virtual card making and letter writing experience, you can do your part to alleviate the effects of social isolation for seniors living in residential care.
To participate, your team will gather on a video call to create cheerful cards and/or letters together. The organization’s Founder and CEO will also join in order to share more about their mission and how your heartfelt letters will make a difference in people's lives. You’re welcome to use colored pencils, markers, pens, branded stationery, lined paper, or plain white printing paper. It’s not about the stationery—it’s the messages that are written that mean so much!
How it works:
- Start each letter with the salutation “To my dear friend"
- Write large so the seniors can read your notes without assistance
- Share a little about yourself (your family, hobbies, work, pets, interests, etc.) or a positive message that will brighten their day
- Can’t find the words? Consider a drawing or painting
- To close the letter, include your first name and location (and for kids, their age)
- For delivery, you will have the option to send your physical card by mail or submit it digitally via email or the organization’s website.