Help individuals who are experiencing blindness or low-vision by volunteering to “be their eyes” through an assistive app. At the touch of a button, these individuals can request assistance any time of the day, from anywhere.
Common ways to help through the app:
- Help find lost or dropped items
- Describing pictures, paintings, or other pieces of artwork
- Matching clothes/colors
- Reading labels on household products
- Reading computer screens if screen readers are not available
- Shopping in supermarkets
- Identifying expiration date on perishable food packages
- Familiarizing individuals with a new place
- Distinguishing between food items
- Finding out when public transportation is departing or arriving
Sighted volunteers must be friendly and generous. You may go about your daily life as a volunteer. Meaning, if you are busy when you receive a call, the app will find the next available volunteer to connect the person who needs assistance to. One call request is sent to multiple volunteers at a time to ensure that those who need assistance can get in touch with someone as quickly and efficiently as possible.