Spend an entire day at a picturesque Colombian farm in this extensive tour and participate in six enjoyable educational experiences! Each experience takes place at a different station, and lasts approximately 30-40 minutes, with 20-30 minutes of walking time in between:
- Chicken Sheds: See firsthand how farmers collect eggs from hens, carefully select them, and then sort them based on weight and size.
- Sheep Pastures: Walk among a gentle herd of sheep, grab a pair of shears, and learn everything you’d ever wanted to know about how fleece is made.
- Cattle Range: Play with an adorable week-old calf, then witness the milking process demonstrated with an adult cow.
- Pig Den: Hold and cuddle a litter of adorable piglets before watching them amusingly roll around the mud with other pigs.
- Crop Fields: Step onto acres of pristine farmland and gain a deep understanding of traditional agriculture. Then, harvest broccoli, lettuce, spinach, and a whole variety of other classic vegetables.
- Planting Kits: Finish off by receiving a kit of seeds and learning how to plant, cultivate, and care for your very own home organic garden.
By the end of the tour, not only will you have had a day of fun, but you will also grasp the importance of sustainable farming for the environment and local economy of a developing region. This isn’t just any old farm trip - it’s an extremely special opportunity for both an international community engagement opportunity and a family-friendly retreat, so don’t miss out!