Organic Expedition promotes local nutritional well being and environmental care through fun yet informative workshops on healthy eating and organic home gardening for children and adults alike.
Tour revenue will go towards the Concentrense Sanamente “Healthy-Focus” program, which reinvests in other local nonprofits. This subsidizes environmental tours, lectures, workshops, and mini-orchard supplies for underprivileged children.
Any day by appointment
Flexible, 8-10 AM recommended
Tour will be cancelled or postponed in case of inclement weather
1 to 100
Medium (2-5 miles/ 3-8 km walking distance, some physical effort)
Clothing & Equipment
Camera, Comfortable shoes for walking, Snacks, Sunscreen lotion, Water
Spend an entire day at a picturesque Colombian farm in this extensive tour and participate in six enjoyable educational experiences! Each experience takes place at a different station, and lasts approximately 30-40 minutes, with 20-30 minutes of walking time in between:
- Chicken Sheds: See firsthand how farmers collect eggs from hens, carefully select them, and then sort them based on weight and size.
- Sheep Pastures: Walk among a gentle herd of sheep, grab a pair of shears, and learn everything you’d ever wanted to know about how fleece is made.
- Cattle Range: Play with an adorable week-old calf, then witness the milking process demonstrated with an adult cow.
- Pig Den: Hold and cuddle a litter of adorable piglets before watching them amusingly roll around the mud with other pigs.
- Crop Fields: Step onto acres of pristine farmland and gain a deep understanding of traditional agriculture. Then, harvest broccoli, lettuce, spinach, and a whole variety of other classic vegetables.
- Planting Kits: Finish off by receiving a kit of seeds and learning how to plant, cultivate, and care for your very own home organic garden.
By the end of the tour, not only will you have had a day of fun, but you will also grasp the importance of sustainable farming for the environment and local economy of a developing region. This isn’t just any old farm trip - it’s an extremely special opportunity for both an international community engagement opportunity and a family-friendly retreat, so don’t miss out!
Centro Comercial Gran Station (Street 24, No. 65) in front of the black ball, Bogota, Colombia
From North: Takes Avenue Boyacá or avenue 68 until 24th street or avenue Esperanza
From East: Search El Dorado Avenue or 26th Street and go to 24th Street or Avenue Esperanza
From West: Search El Dorado Avenue or 26th Street and go to 24th Street or Avenue Esperanza
From South: Takes Avenue Boyacá or avenue 68 until 24th street or avenue Esperanza
To promote local nutritional well being and environmental care through fun yet informative workshops on healthy eating and organic home gardening for children and adults alike.