Visit.org is looking for a passionate and ambitious Nonprofit Lead to help grow a thriving network of partner nonprofit organizations and charities in North America. Visit.org is a technology platform that helps companies discover & book hundreds of virtual social impact experiences led by and benefiting local organizations. A crucial and integral member of the Visit.org team, the Nonprofit Lead is responsible for meeting with and onboarding new organizations to Visit.org’s platform. The majority of meetings will be booked for you, but in some cases doing research to find and book meetings with nonprofits working in specific sectors or locations will be required.
Communication and interpersonal skills are key to this role. When meeting with organizations you will be explaining what Visit.org is, how we work with organizations, and the benefits for them of coming onboard. Creativity and collaboration are also essential as you will also work with organizations to generate ideas that would benefit them and make for unique virtual experiences they can offer to Visit.org’s corporate partners. You will be responsible for facilitating the onboarding process and obtaining all relevant information, as well as maintaining relationships and correct information with nonprofit partners. In addition, as a part of your role you will work with nonprofits to improve the quality of their events, vet Visit.org virtual events, and provide constructive and collaborative feedback. You may be asked to support with event facilitation and all Visit.org team members are required to attend an event monthly, at a minimum.
The Nonprofit Lead will also have the opportunity to contribute to special projects related to nonprofit recruitment, training, communication, creating high quality events, and other tasks in support of creating successful nonprofit partnerships.
This is a remote, full time position with standard working hours, with some degree of flexibility. We are a global team spanning various time zones, so you may be asked to attend early or late meetings depending on your time zone.
Do Work that Makes the World a Better Place
Visit.org is a proud B Corp with social impact in its DNA. As a mission-driven business, we’re motivated by the opportunity to help corporations and their employees around the world do more good in their communities. Each member of our team is passionate about making the world a better place and believes in the power of small actions to generate meaningful, lasting change.
When You Join the Team
- You’ll join a movement from the ground floor that’s helping the world’s leading brands generate social change and engage their employees with local causes they care about.
- You’ll combine passion, purpose, and a paycheck—Visit.org team members get out of bed every day knowing their work is meaningful and has a tangible impact on individuals and communities around the world.
- You’ll find purpose-driven people with a strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride that we’re building this thing together.
- Previous experience working with nonprofits
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- A “can do” attitude
- Strong computer skills
- Comfortable hosting/leading Zoom video meetings
- Bilingual, fluent in Spanish is a plus
- Team player who is able to collaborate across different departments
- Strong network and/or understanding of the nonprofit sector in the United States
- Experience volunteering (short or long-term)
- Knowledge or experience with Salesforce or other CRM is a plus
- Self-motivated and can work independently
Timeline & commitment:
This is a remote, full-time position for an individual based in the United States.
What we offer:
Competitive salary and health benefits
We will review each application and if we think you’re a good fit for the role, we will contact you to arrange a first interview over Zoom. The process will be a total of four interviews + one written exercise.