We are always looking for passionate and ambitious team players to join our global team! Please submit your resume to [email protected] for consideration.
Visit.org is looking for an intelligent, ambitious CTO to join our team. We’re a startup, so the right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, extreme passion for our mission, and of course, the desire to roll up your sleeves and make the impossible happen. Must be extremely passionate about building things from scratch, including platforms, teams, apps, and features.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to contribute their skills to making a positive impact in NYC and around the world. Working directly with management, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the company’s direction and future.
The CTO’s role is to assure the successful execution of visit.org’s business and social mission through development and deployment of our web and app presence. This requires envisioning visit.org’s service offerings as a web and mobile business, leading implementation of applications, and planning for risk and growth.
You will lead the design and development of our company’s software applications. In-depth knowledge and experience on application software development are required. Excellent design patterns and object oriented programming methodology must be employed. This is an opportunity to drive the design and architecture of an application in a disruptive early-stage technology company focused on facilitating booking to tens of thousands of local nonprofits. The ideal candidate will have experience bringing products to market and building scalable applications using agile methodologies. Essential job responsibilities will include the following. Other duties may be assigned as well.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with Senior Leadership to develop strategies for product design, functionality, release and modular development.
- Select the appropriate development platform for the SaaS future based on speed, cost, capacity, interoperability, scalability, & development talent.
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications, and architect solutions with high performance.
- Identify and analyze security risks, and adapt policies and procedures to mitigate them.
- Work in a Rapid Application Development lifecycle with high velocity and multiple sprints.
- Lead development and maintenance of the existing Ruby on Rails site and Wordpress blog.
- Manage and maintain test driven development and continuous integration tools.
- Recruit and build a winning technology team
- Serve as captain of the technology team on all fronts
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proven leadership ability.
- At least 4+ years of direct work experience on software development with Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks
- Experience building web application for large-scale customer audience.
- Excellent knowledge and work experience on designing and developing complex software applications.
- Highly experienced in popular server technology (Ruby on Rails, Heroku/AWS).
- Experienced in n-tier design, separating presentation layer, business logic layer and data access layer.
- Experienced with front end development with Coffeescript, HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery.
- Need to show proven experience in building web sites.
- Experience with pgSQL server is required.
- Experienced with Agile software engineering processes and methodologies.
- Must be a fast learner and self-starter. Be able to come up to speed on new applications and technology in a very short amount of time.
- Must be details oriented, with strong analytic skills and problem solving skills.
- High degree of self-motivation. Must be able to plan and execute work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once.
- Penchant for creativity and using code to express individual ideas.
What we offer:
CTO can work in NYC or remotely. We offer a generous compensation package.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Visit.org is looking for an ambitious, innovative web designer to join our team! We’re a startup, so the right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, extreme passion for our mission, and of course, the desire to roll up your sleeves and make the impossible happen.
This is an opportunity for a graphic design professional who wants to contribute their skills to making a positive impact in NYC and around the world. Working directly with management, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the company’s direction and future.
Role and responsibilities:
• Design web pages for Visit.org’s new HR platform with optimum visual appeal, from concept to final hand-off to engineering
• Conceptual original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
• Help improve Visit.org’s overall interface and user experience
• Create mock-ups for proposed project pages and update them as neede
• Design marketing materials
• Assure brand consistency across all channels
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• At least 2 years experience in UI/UX design
• Experience in designing B2B websites in the startup industry
• Experience in print design
• Fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Knowledge of content marketing a plus
• Creative and attentive to detail, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• High degree of self-motivation. Must be able to plan and execute work both independently and as a team member.
• Self-motivated and excited to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced startup environment
• Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once.
• Desire to grow and be part of a team
What we offer:
This is a remote, full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and two samples of your work to [email protected]
Join us! Visit.org is looking for a passionate, ambitious photography intern to join our team in New York City. Visit.org is a platform that helps companies easily integrate social responsibility into their culture through unique team events powered by local nonprofits. We’re a startup, so the right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, enthusiasm for our mission, and the desire to roll up your sleeves and make the impossible happen.
Role and responsibilities:
• Take high-quality pictures and videos of Visit.org experiences in NYC for the website and promotional materials
• Attend and photograph Visit.org-hosted events with corporate clients in NYC
• Help vet new partner nonprofit organizations in NYC
• Create visual content for social media
• Help build a buzz and a network of travel photographers around the world
• Passionate about storytelling through visuals and excited to generate creative, high-quality visual content on the topics of travel and social good
• Strong portfolio of photography work and experience
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Desire to be part of a team and work in a fast-paced startup environment
• Self-starter who can take direction and contribute ideas.
• Passionate about social good and empowering local communities
What do we offer?
This internship is unpaid. We highly encourage candidates who can receive academic credit to apply. You will increase your knowledge of the local tech & social good sector and gain experience in the operations of a startup while making a positive impact on communities around the world. We are based in a co-working space in the financial district.
Timeline & Commitment:
Start in May and commit to 2-3 months, full-time.
Send your resume, cover letter, and your portfolio to [email protected].