This Nonprofit Empowers Black Youth to Eliminate Bullying & Violence
We spoke to Winston Ashby about how his organization is observing Black History Month this year, and how you and your company can get involved.
How would you describe PARTI Program and how it impacts the Black community?
Is your org commemorating Black History Month this year, if so, how?
How can the public get involved with your work? How can corporations make an impact in particular?
In 2021, PARTI Program’s call to action are to:
- Support 5,000 youth in service by empowering youth to create, build, and lead 70 youth organized service projects and/or events;
- Partner with professionals who are in diversity and inclusion positions and affinity groups in small and major companies in Silicon Valley and the world to engage in meaningful conversations with their peers and youth to create a pathway for the next generation of corporate leaders to be mindful and action driven to celebrate cultures in companies who serve our communities with an unbiased lens that recognizes diversity and inclusion, gender equality, and racial equity;
- Take action to support traditionally low income communities and communities in trauma (such as the African Americans and Latin Americans) to feel safe from violence, bullying, and financial oppression.
Opportunities to volunteer with us consist of:
- Host a Youth Led Volunteer Project
- Donate resources to a Youth Led Volunteer Project
- Volunteer at a youth led event virtually – hosted by PARTI
- Be a Speaker at one of our Diversity and Equity Networking events
In addition to being involved with your organization, what are some other ways people can observe Black History Month and support the Black community this year?
- Attend an event or activity virtually/ or in person, that are hosted and organized by African American Organizations in February.
- Patronize a African American business or product.
- Help create awareness about an African organization, person, or youth that is doing remarkable work in your community or work place.
- Donate African American literature to schools and community centers so that all youth can have access to them.
For help facilitating a corporate event that benefits PARTI Program and its mission to serve African American youth, please contact Visit.org at [email protected].
Photos courtesy of Winston Ashby